My goal is to get out all of the must-have baby items by age. Some of them aren’t as exciting as others, but I promise that we everything I mention to be a necessity. Included after each item is the link in case you want to shop it for yourself and your little!
- Triple Paste Diaper Rash Ointment – Let’s face it – diaper rash is a pain in the ass (see what I did there?) and your poor little babe will most likely experience this at some point. As a new mom, I figured Desitin was the way to go but I was so wrong. Triple Paste is on the expensive side but it is SO WORTH IT! I am talking diaper rash that clears up in a day, people!
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym – This mat was a lifesaver when it came to Lincoln being immobile. For the first several months he didn’t really do much but I felt bad when I wasn’t holding him. The mat allowed him to interact, play, grasp, grab, swat, pull and play with the little animals and toys that dangle from it. The lights and music can be set to a motion sensor so they only go off when your little babe swats or makes movement. Similar here.
- Boon Lawn Countertop Drying Rack (this one is similar) – I know this looks totally ridiculous – and trust me, I thought spending $25 on this sucker was – but I heard it was a necessity and I sure do agree. This drying rack allows for easy placement of ANY bottles or bottle parts. It even comes with cute little accessory pieces (which we have bought) to hang bottle nipples from or whatever! It’s also easy to clean and throw in the dishwasher!
- Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Moisturizing Lotion, Lavender and Vanilla – We actually went through quite a few lotions with Lincoln. Some of them didn’t clear up dry skin at all. Then, he got a little patch of eczema on his chest and our daycare provider at the time recommended Aveeno. We have loved it. It’s soft, gentle and I just love the smell. We apply it all over – including his hair and face – and he’s never bothered!
- Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling N Seat Tub – At first you may think this tub is a little much and I went back and forth about what kind of tub to put on my registry. There were so much cute, smaller ones out there, but I knew those wouldn’t last for the long haul. This tub comes with a sling to place baby in as a newborn. Once they can kind of sit up on their own, there’s a seat insert that helps them to sit up. After that, you can remove the seat and they can sit up in the tub all on their own. The baby can even lay back and there is a little soft head rest for them. The tub even comes with a cute little water strainer toy AND a water bottle (with squirt holes in the lid) which is Darius’ favorite! He loves to use it to squirt water on Lincoln’s back and to help rinse his head off. This tub is AMAZING!
- Babyganics Dish Dazzler Foaming Dish and Bottle Soap – After coming home from work every day and washing two pumping bottles, pumping parts and then two milk bottles and all the parts to those – I was OVER IT. This foaming dish soap by Babyganics definitely doesn’t make the task easier but I really love the soap. It’s gentle on your hands (trust me, I know) and foams up REALLY well. The most awesome part is it doesn’t leave tons of extra bubbles around (I know because we have also used their baby shampoo with Lincoln) so it makes for easy cleaning and clean up! I also appreciate that their products are safe and not filled with dangerous chemicals!
So there it is! A short list of the things I remember so well and remember using again and again. I hope you enjoy! Please feel free to comment below with things you believe are must-haves for your little (or you)!