If you’re reading this post, that means your little one is now approaching or in the 3-6 month phase. Or, you are just wildly obsessed with baby things OR maybe it’s just that you actually enjoy reading my blog no matter what the topic. Anyway, this post will capture the top six items I found to be crucial when having Lincoln during the 3-6 month period. I still don’t know why they put together months like that, in huge chunks, because there is such a drastic difference between a three month old and a six month old – but it is what it is. Here we go…
- Johnson + Johnson Hand and Face Wipes – I LOVE these little guys and buy them in bulk! They come in handy with literally anything baby related. They are good for getting boogers, snot, wiping hands and face off, and even can be used as a back up diaper wipe if you run out. They are cheap and absolutely essential.
- Baby Einstein Neighborhood Symphony Activity Jumper – My mom bought this for Lincoln when he was three months old. It was PERFECT to have at that time. It comes with a bunch of activities that you can swap in and out, tethers, and a swivel seat for them to rotate (once they figure that out as they get older). It bounces and changes height position four times! Lincoln absolutely loved it and it gave me comfort to know he was safe as I quickly showered.. or did whatever I needed to do.
- Chicco Stack 3 in 1 Highchair – This highchair was a gift from a students parents that I had. It wasn’t the one I originally had on my registry – it’s BETTER. This highchair is trendy, cute, and transforms in multiple ways! The back of the seat reclines into several positions and the tray has several clip in positions as well. It comes with a clear tray over the regular tray for easy dishwashing or cleaning. The fabric is easy to wipe down and food/drinks wipe off super nicely! The highchair eventually transforms into a booster seat and you can also detach the highchair portion from its base and strap it onto a regular chair. My only complaint – it is a bit bulky and doesn’t fold up – but other than that we love it!
- Ergo 360 Baby Carrier with Infant Insert – This baby carrier was a lifesaver! I had two carriers, a wrap and the Ergo. I could not for the life of me, even with the direction pamphlet and youtube tutorials, figure out how to wear the wrap! It just wasn’t for me and Lincoln looked so uncomfortable in it. I am hoping to master the wrap with our next baby, but the Ergo was all around amazing. Darius LOVED wearing it and actually wore it way more than I did. What’s great about it is that it grows with baby! The infant insert is essential when you have a newborn because it helps prop them up and give them the necessary support. We have ours in the grey color and love it! Only complaint – it’s a bit pricey, and a little difficult to put on (you get used to it) but overall worth it.
- Babyganics Shampoo and Body Wash – I posted before about using Babyganics products and we love their stuff so much! I love that harsh chemicals are not used and everything is safe and gentle for baby. We use their shampoo and body wash and found it to be awesome! We love that it has the nice foaming pump and doesn’t burn his eyes when some gets on his face. Also, the best part, is that it doesn’t leave soapy water behind! This equals a nice, quick rinse off for baby! I do wish it had a stronger “baby” smell.
- Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder – My girlfriend from work got me these and they weren’t even on my registry. I had never even thought about a teething baby. But thank God she knew what she was doing. This is the only type of teether to ever calm down Lincoln. The mesh is safe and gentle for baby to chew on. The latch is baby proof, so there is no way baby is opening the feeder to get to the food. I usually stuff a frozen piece of fruit in there, like a peach, hand it to him and he sucks on it till it’s gone! I also love that it’s practically mess free and doesn’t leave your house sticky! Also, it’s dishwasher safe! WIN!
Looking for must-haves for previous ages? Check out my previous posts…